Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Voices

Love these dudes. I know I'm far from alone in that, but they still continue to impress me.

Completely unpretentious. Just some dudes hyped to explore some really good songs. I read an interview where the artist talked about living in your songs and finding new life in your own songs. I think it was Justin being interviewed, but I can't be sure. This band does just that so well. All of the songs take such different forms in different settings. It is something I have really been applying to my own music lately. Once a song is recorded, it is not the end of the evolution of said song. You can find so much more within it. Things you never even thought about or knew were there in the first place.

A song is never done, per say, and that is far from a bad thing. Just watch above for proof.
And you might never really know everything there is to know about the song either, but it is all about how you apply it to yourself at a certain moment in time.

No comments:

Contributors